|Price:||£324,950 EURO / GBP|
|Location:||Chichester, United Kingdom|
|Max Draft:||0.84 meter|
|Cruising Speed:||6 knots|
|Max Speed:||10 knots|
|Designer:||Northshore Yachts Ltd|
|Fuel Tanks:||300 liter|
|Fresh Water Tanks:||300 liter|
2012 Southerly 42 RST with a Yanmar 4JHE 54hp diesel engine on shaft drive with approximately 350 hours. "Legato" is one of the last Northshore Southerlys and the star of the 2012 Southampton boat show. She features the luxurious two-cabin layout, with internal woodwork finished in teak. She has a high specification, excellent build quality and has been lovingly cared for by he one owner since new. With a few regatta trophies to her name including 1st in Division in the windy 2016 Round The Island Race, she is now looking for new adventures. (Discovery Yachts have purchased the Southerly brand and the 42RST is being marketed as a Southerly 430, but it is the same design).
Her inventory includes bow and stern thrusters, teak cockpit and side decks, full battened main and self-tacking genoa, full cockpit tent, coppercoat, heating, full navigation equipment etc.
Please contact Ben Nichols on 07825 747 652 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to arrange a viewing
Heavy-duty GRP moulding, hand laid up to Southerly’s Nordseal laminating system incorporatingmulti-axial and unidirectional reinforcements. The keel box is an integral part of the hull lay-up andsandwich construction stiffening runs the entire length of the hull topsides.All main bulkheads are bonded into the hull at main lay-up stage along with a stiffening grillage oftransverse frames and longitudinal stringers. The engine bearers are also an integral part of thehull structure.The hull was guaranteed against osmosis for 5 years from the date of manufacture. No claimrequired or made.• Standard Ivory White 9010 gel coat• Oxford blue and red boot top*• Oxford Blue style lines with blue and red ‘SS’*• Nordseal anti-osmosis system• Clear gel coat below the waterline• Copper coat antifoul system on GRP hull from new*
Hand laid up GRP. Sandwich construction.Heavily stressed areas are additionally reinforced with uni-directional glass reinforcement. The deck is bonded to the hull through the entire length and to all main bulkheads resulting in a strongand integrated unit.• Ivory White gel coat• Teak capping rail to hull to deck joint upstand• Teak ring deck• Sail locker on fore deck*• Access to chain locker from sail locker*
Variable Draft Keel
The fixed ballast is an iron casting which acts as a grounding plate and as transverse stiffening for the keel unit. It is fitted into a recess in the hull in the area of the keel boxwith stainless steel bolts.The aerofoil shaped keel is cast iron and incorporates a stainless steel pivot at the leading edge.The keel is raised and lowered by a hydraulic ram powered by an electrically driven pump with a hand operated back-up. All hydraulics are easily accessible for maintenance.• Keel control and gauge showing keel position fitted at wheel pedestal• Removable stainless steel pin, positioned to enable the keel to be locked in the ‘up' position (clipped inside forward berth wardrobe)• Manual hydraulic pump handle (stored in forward berth wardrobe)
• Yanmar 4JH5E 53 hp (39kw) 4 cylinder, fresh water cooled, diesel engine• 2.36:1 Reduction/reverse straight gearbox*• 80 amp alternator• GRP stern tube with water lubricated stern gland• Stainless steel propeller shaft• Bronze three bladed ‘Maxprop’ feathering propeller*• Ambassador AM10 rope cutter on prop shaft*• Substantial skeg fitted on centreline to protect propeller and rudders when yacht is dried out• Non metallic fuel tank - capacity 299 litres/66 gallons, with sediment trap and line filter• Water strainer with removable filter• 12 volt electric fan ventilator• Sound deadening to engine box• Hinge up panels at either end of engine box for access• Engine box can be completely removed for maintenance
Bow and Stern Thrusters
• Lewmar dual control thruster joystick at port helm area• Lewmar 185 bow thruster• Lewmar 185 stern thruster
• 12 volt system• 240v internal ring main with double sockets in raised saloon, galley, forward and aft cabins*• One heavy duty AGM 90Ah engine starter battery• Two heavy duty AGM Slimline 185Ah battery for domestic use*• Batteries charged from engine alternator• Mastervolt Mass Combi unit 12/2000-100A inverter with 240v battery charger (EU Spec)*• Isolating switches• Cabin lighting throughout• Reading lights over bunks• Chart light over navigation table• Full navigation light system incorporating bow lights, stern light, Lopo masthead tricolour LED light* with all round white anchor LED light*, deck flood light and steaming light• Circuit breakers on main panel• 12v 25A socket fitted in cockpit port locker (for high loads like dinghy inflator)*• 12v cigarette lighter socket at chart table position*• 12v cigarette lighter socket for iPod added in chart table wiring locker**
• 21” Avtex LED flat screen TV with built in freeview, FM radio and DVD to saloon area• 16” Avtex LED Flatscreen TV to aft cabin area• Glowmax TV antenna at masthead
• E95 E70021 Hybrid Touch MFD - s/n 0420134 installed v19.03• ST1-STNG E22158 sea talk converter - s/n 0230333 installed v2.03• P70 autopilot instrument - s/n 0420051 installed v3.07• 3 x i70 instrument - s/n 520051/63/65 installed v3.08• iTC5 converter - s/n 0520392 installed v1.12• Rs130 GPS - s/n 0320827 installed v2.20• Spx10 Autopilot - s/n 0220239 installed version SPxx v3.05• AIS B 650 - s/n 0720119 v1.15 v040200.01.15.01 Oct 15• Smartpilot handset• Raymarine Quantum radar**• Raymarine/Airmar ST800 log speed/temperature transducer (bronze housing**)• Raymarine/Airmar depth sounder• Navionics+ SD chart chip UK, Ireland and Holland
• iCom IC-M505 DSC VHF at chart table• iCom Command Mic HM-162 external handset at helm position
Water System and Pumps
• Pressurised hot and cold water system• Mixer tap to galley sink• Mixer tap in heads compartments• Non-metallic fresh water tank - total capacity 269 litres/59 gallons• Electric pressure pump• Hot water provided by engine calorifier unit or 240v immersion heater*• Electric sump pumps to shower trays• One manual bilge pump (Henderson pump in cockpit starboard aft, handle in starboard stern locker)• One electric submersible automatic bilge pump
Holding Tank System
• FWD Heads holding tank 88L - pumps to tank or sea. Level indicator. Manual tank pump out to sea. Deck waste outlet for vacuum pump out.• Aft heads holding tank 80L. Level indicator. Toilet pumps to holding tank with gravity drain to sea cock. Deck waste outlet for vacuum pump out.
• Twin TCE teak/carbon fibre wheels*• Semi-balanced twin rudders• Whitlock Cobra system• Single lever engine control• Emergency steering system (tiller and cockpit cover plate handle in starboard aft locker)• Twin Plastimo Olympic 135 compasses with covers at helm positions• Raymarine/Lewmar Mamba drive auto pilot system
Spars and Rigging
• Selden fractional rig with-in mast main roller reefing system• Double swept back spreaders• Selden anodised aluminium spars, finished in silver• Burgee and signal halyards to spars• 1x19 stainless steel wire standing rigging with swage toggle-fork chrome bronze rigging screws• Backstay with Selden manual tensioner• Self tacking headsail system with Lewmar NTR track and car mounted on foredeck• Furlex 300s headsail reefing system• Selden solid rodkicker with gas strut upgrade• Lewmar 30ST winch on mast• Main halyard and jib halyard at mast• Internal halyards• Main sail furling/reefing loop, jib sheet, topping lift, led to cockpit starboard• Kicker, outhaul led to cockpit port• Lewmar Mainsheet traveller on coachroof• Ecomax E230 radar reflector**
• North Sails Dacron suit of sails• UV protection strip to foresail• Roller furling mainsail with four vertical battens and mast sliders*• Roller furling jib with 4 vertical battens• North Sails Asymmetric G1 gennaker in Norlon 150 with Selden CX25 furler, sheets and blocks*
• Aft cockpit• Self draining• Laid teak to cockpit seats• Laid teak to cockpit sole• Cockpit table in Teak with with folding leaves, stowage and handrail• Navpod fitted to pedestal*• Good access aft for boarding through transom• Telescopic stern boarding ladder• Large cockpit lockers aft port and starboard• Gas bottle storage in cockpit locker to starboard with 2 x Gas Bottle*• Liferaft/dinghy stowage in cockpit locker to port• Perspex main hatch with washboard• Teak instrument panel above hatchway• Two winch handle pockets at companionway• Three safety harness eyes• Whale deck shower (H&C) fitted to transom*
Deck Fittings and Loose Gear
• Cleats forward and aft raised• Twin* spring cleats amidships with stainless steel chafe guard• Stainless steel stemhead fitting with twin bow roller• Deck mounted Quick Antares 1500w vertical anchor windlass with deck controls*• GRP foredeck sail locker with anchor windlass remote handset*• Stainless steel pulpit incorporating navigation light bracket• Stainless steel stanchions and guardwires with gates port and starboard• Stainless steel pushpit incorporating stern gate, navigation light bracket and ensign socket• Fuel and water deck fillers• Self tacking foresail track with sheet to cockpit• Turning blocks to take reefing lines• Mainsheet track with control lines• Five rope clutches to port and five to starboard, for running rigging• Lewmar 46ST winch at port companionway• Lewmar 46AEST electric winch to starboard companionway*• Two Lewmar 46ST winches for mainsheet• Stainless steel grab handles on either side of coachroof with integral mainsheet lead• Recessed trough for sprayhood• Lewmar 16kg delta pattern anchor• Stainless steel removable bowsprit*• 50 metres of 10mm chain, 30 metres of warp*• Ensign & Staff• Horseshoe life ring, light and drogue**• Seago Ocean Danbuoy and plastimo mounting bracket**• Adjustable liferaft cradle**• Seago GX Liferaft in Canister (purchase 2014, certificate 2020)**• Port and starboard jackstays and D shackles**• 2 x Lewmar OneTouch Powergrip 10” winch handle
• 8 Aquafax Fenders*• 3 Warps• Boat hook (by mast post in saloon)• Plastimo boarding ladder*
Windows, Hatches and Ventilation
• Six opening deck hatches, size 60, over forecabin, size 20 and 30 over saloon, size 20 over chart table, size 00 over galley and heads• Glazed opening port in aft cabin coamings starboard and aft heads coaming port• Glazed opening ports in aft cabin to cockpit• Two dorade and one fixed ventilator on deck serving heads and saloon• Perspex main companionway hatch• Pilot house windows and hull ports are tinted toughened glass, bonded into recesses in GRP mouldings
• TecSew Sprayhood• TecSew Cockpit tent• TecSew wheel covers• TecSew cockpit console cover• TecSew Blue canvas dodgers with sail number x 2**• C&J Marine folding cockpit cushions x 4**
The layout is in accordance with the general arrangement drawing for a 2 cabin version of the 42RST on the Southerly Specification sheet.There are a total of five berths with two in the forecabin, two in the aft cabin and one in the saloon.
Internal Joinery and Upholstery
• Interior joinery is finished in solid Teak* and marine faced quality plywood• Linings are fabric covered plywood or GRP as appropriate.• Cabin soles are teak/holly striped non-slip laminate.• Washbasin surrounds - Corian type - Aspen Glacier AG612*• Concertina blinds to pilot house windows*• Saloon seating upholstery in Birch leather - ivory upgrade*• Aft berth seating port & starboard - upgrade Birch Bamboo 1-2629-226*• Nauteriors custom made loose bed linen: Aft Cabin - 2 x pillow cases & 1 x shaped duvet cover (Portofino Naturelle), 1 x fitted bottom sheet, 1 x shaped duvet, 1 x shaped fitted mattress protector. Forward Cabin: 1 x shaped fitted bottom sheet (taupe), 1 x shaped mattress protector
• Twin stainless steel sinks• Teak chopping board**• Corian type worktop - Tempest Radiance 148*• Pressurised hot and cold water• Stainless steel grab rail• Front loading Frigoboat stainless steel refrigerator - 130L• Top loading Frigoboat freezer - 51L• Fully gimballed Plastimo 5000 series gas cooker with three burners, grill and oven (fail-safe devices on all burners)• Sharp stainless steel 800w microwave*• Haztec gas control system CO detector/alarm*• Ample storage for crockery and cutlery• Southerly bone china crockery set*• Wine glass and tumbler set*• Cupboards• Opening hatch• Fixed hull port• Overhead LED light*• Plastimo brushed (aluminium?) clock, hygrometer and barometer**
• Raised seating for eight people• Excellent vision• Folding leaf table• Table leaf supports for lowering table to form berth*• Stowage• Bookshelf• Two opening hatches with blackout blind/flyscreen to main*• Overhead LED and Halogen lights*
• Chart table to starboard with excellent visibility• iPad mount**• Raymarine Smart Pilot wireless autopilot controller handset*• VHF radio• Seat• Instrument console forward of chart table• Chart stowage under hinged lid• Locker spaces• Opening hatch• Overhead lights• Chart light• Main switch panel• Hanging locker aft
• Large centreline double berth with upgraded Naturalmat Marine double mattress*• Upholstered seats port & starboard - upgrade Birch Bamboo 1-2629-226*• Two corner lockers• Large hanging locker• Shelf• Three opening portlights• Opening hatch• Two fixed portlights• Overhead lights• Two reading lights• Concertina blinds• Access to steering gear
Aft Cabin Ensuite
• Jabsco 2000 manual twist n’ lock marine w.c.*• Washbasin with Corian type surround - Aspen Glacier AG612*• Hot and cold pressurised water• Electric shower pump• Corian grating to shower tray - Aspen Glacier AG612*• Lockers• Mirrors• Glass holder• Opening portlight
• ‘V' berth, two long single berths with Naturalmat Marine split mattresses*• Infill to convert to a double• Large hanging locker• Large shelved locker• Two full length shelves• Two fixed portlights• S260 opening hatch with blackout blind/flyscreen*• Overhead lights• Two reading lights• Curtains - Camino 2*
• SaniMarin electric marine w.c.**• Washbasin with Corian type surround - Aspen Glacier AG612*• Hot and cold pressurised water• Separate shower with seat and perspex door• Corian grating to floor tray - Aspen Glacier AG612*• Electric shower waste pump• Opening hatch• Fixed portlight• Lockers• Mirror• Glass holder• Ventilation
• Eberspacher hot air heating system with outlets in fore cabin, aft cabin and saloon.
• Three fire extinguishers• One fire blanket• Extinguisher access plug for engine compartment
• Speedseal impeller screws• Impeller• Oil filter• Fuel filter• Lightbulbs - various• Lewmar thruster carbon brushes and partially used anodes• Southerly branded flags and burgees• Keys for cockpit lockers, main hatch and Yanmar starter panel
Interested in this Southerly 42 RST for £324,950?
Contact one of our brokers directly, or fill in the contact form below:
Clipper Marine Spain offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Finance is available on this boat through our partners at SYS. Please click here for an instant marine finance quote.